Tech-IS Home   Forum Home   Search   Login   Register  
OxyDev Tools  > Feature Requests, Bugs & Fixes  > Visual Studio JavaScript Refactoring: Extract Function  

Display using:  
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Visual Studio JavaScript Refactoring: Extract Function
John B. is not online. Last active: 11/20/2011 12:12:53 PM John B.
Top 50 Poster
Total Posts: 1

Visual Studio JavaScript Refactoring: Extract Function
Posted: 20 Nov 2011 12:12 PM
First of all I should say that I am really happy with the way OxyDev enhances Visual Studio. I am using OxyDev every day and I love it!

There is a feature/issue that I believe that would be very nice to have it addressed.

As part of JavaScript refactoring there is a tool called "Extract Function" that creates a new function with the body based on the selected block.

Currently the newly created function is added at the bottom of the JavaScript file. It would be really nice if the new function is added just under the function from where the block was extracted (similar with “Extract Method” that Visual Studio has for C# code).
Bogdan is not online. Last active: 12/10/2011 10:39:50 AM Bogdan
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 29

Re: Visual Studio JavaScript Refactoring: Extract Function
Posted: 20 Nov 2011 07:11 PM
John,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Adding the new function just below the one that the body was extracted from would definitely improve the user experience. We will implement it in one of next releases (hopefully it will be part of OxyDev Tools 1.1).
Bogdan is not online. Last active: 12/10/2011 10:39:50 AM Bogdan
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 29

Re: Visual Studio JavaScript Refactoring: Extract Function
Posted: 10 Dec 2011 10:39 AM
This feature is available in OxyDev Tools 1.0.85.

Download link: OxyDev Tools 1.0.85
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Tech-IS Forums  > OxyDev Tools  > Feature Requests, Bugs & Fixes  > Visual Studio JavaScript Refactoring: Extract Function